The bathroom is one of the most frequently used rooms in your home, so chances are it is in need of a refresh. Your bathroom should be a tranquil retreat where you can prepare for the day or unwind before bedtime. If your current bathroom is dark, dingy, or dysfunctional, it may be time to consider a remodel.
There are many reasons why you should remodel the bathroom in your home. Not only will it help to increase the value of your home, but it'll also allow you to expand the size of your current bathroom, create additional storage, and improve the energy efficiency in the space. Remodeling your bathroom also gives you the chance to add your own personal touches by selecting the style, design features, and materials for the project.
What Should You Consider Before Your Bathroom Remodel
Before your bathroom remodel, you should consider:
- Style. Do you want to have a bathroom that is modern, traditional, bohemian, rustic, transitional, or another style?
- Space and Layout. Do you want to increase the space in your bathroom or change the layout?
- Functionality and Storage Needs. Do you want to add his and hers vanities to improve the functionality and storage in your existing bathroom?
- Cabinets Options. What design, finish, and hardware do you want for the cabinets in your new bathroom?
- Countertop Options. What design and material do you want in your new bath? You'll also want to think about the maintenance required for each option.
- Tub, Showers, or Jacuzzi. Do you want to add a freestanding tub, shower, or Jacuzzi into your bathroom design?
- Shower Tile. What style, material, and color do you want for the tiles in your new shower?
- Fixtures and Lighting. What style and finish would go best with your other selections.
- Flooring. Do you want ceramic or stone tile, concrete, vinyl, or wood floors in your bathroom? You'll want to think about the required maintenance and durability of each option.
Aging in Place
Ken Spears is a Certified Aging in Place Specialist and uses his skills to design bathrooms that will be safe and functional for many years to come. Our team incorporates universal design concepts and products in our recommendations to meet your needs over time. Some of the features we use for our aging in place remodels include:
- Barrier-free showers with adjustable/handheld shower heads
- Radiant floor heat
- Comfort-height toilets
- Updated and additional lighting
- Lever handles or pedal controlled faucets
- Grab bars
- Slip-resistant flooring
- Contrasting color edge border at countertops
If you've been thinking about remodeling the bathroom in your home, we can help! Our experienced team has remodeled several master baths, powder rooms, and guest bathrooms across Dekalb, Genoa, Shabbona, and Sycamore.