Whole Home Remodeling
Whole Home Renovations in the Fox Valley
You love your community, neighbors, and perfectly manicured lawn, but your family has outgrown your dated home. You need to increase and upgrade your living space, but that doesn't mean that you need to leave your beloved neighborhood! Consider a remodel. With a whole home remodel, you can expand your current floor plan to suit your needs and refresh your home's look and feel. It doesn't matter if you're dealing with a small, closed-off floor plan or some less than desirable design choices, we can help you create the home you want without moving.
Is a Whole Home Remodel Right For Me?
If you're wondering if a whole home remodel is right for you, consider these questions:
- Do you want to expand the size of your home?
- Do you want to create a new layout to make your home more functional?
- Do you want to age in place in your current home?
- Do you want to replace outdated design features in your home like popcorn ceilings or worn carpet?
- Do you want to make your home safer and more energy efficient?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, a whole home remodel may be the right decision for you.
- We initially meet with you in your existing home to determine how you currently use your home, what you really like about it, and what will be the most efficient use of space.
- We design your home using the input from our onsite meeting. There are many selections and options which come into play when remodeling a home and we will lead you through the process.
- At the next meeting, we discuss the plans at our conference room. Our software allows you to see 3-D views of your new home. We can make changes while you watch.
- After we have developed a plan, we will then do a walk-through with our building trades team members. This allows us to give you an exact price for your project.
- We review the plan with you, recapping the feedback and insights from our team members. We do this to address any potential challenges before the project starts.
- As we head to production, we provide you with an expectation of when the project will start, when it will end, and what will happen in the interval between those two points.
What Should You Consider Before Your Whole Home Remodel
Before your whole home remodel, you should consider:
- Style. Do you want to have a home that is modern, traditional, rustic, transitional, or another style?
- Space and Layout. Do you want to increase the space in your home or change the layout? Do you plan to age in place in your current home?
- Functionality and Storage Needs. Do you want to add a new linen closet, pantry, or custom built-in cabinets to improve the functionality and storage in your existing home?
- Kitchen Design. What style and materials do you want to have in your new kitchen? Do you want to include an oversized island or a walk-in pantry to the design?
- Bathroom Design. What style and materials do you want to have in your bathrooms? Do you want to include a frameless walk-in shower, floating vanities, or radiant-heat flooring?
- Lighting. What style and finish of lighting would go best with your other selections in your home? Do you want to have pendant lights, a chandelier, or something in between?
- Appliances. What color and finish you would like to have? You can also save money on your utility bills by selecting Energy-Star Certified appliances.
- Flooring. What kind of flooring do you want in your home? You'll want to think about the required maintenance and durability of each option.
- Other Design Features. Do you want to incorporate a new fireplace, open shelving, or crown molding into your home's design?