The kitchen, for many, is the centerpiece of the home. It’s where meals and conversations happen. When entertaining, groups often gather to mingle in the space.
When the kitchen you have is not the kitchen you want, you have options. This Dekalb, IL homeowner turned to Ken Spears Construction for an amazing kitchen update.
Our clients were looking to bring their kitchen up to date and needed storage solutions in their Dekalb home. They wanted to make their kitchen feel like their own and improve the aesthetics and functionality of the space. They also wanted the space to work with the design of the rest of the home that they loved.
With the help of the professionals at Ken Spears Construction, these homeowners were able to get a functional and beautiful kitchen space with all the storage space they needed.
Design Elements Incorporated Into the Kitchen Update include:
- Kitchen Island
- Adjustments to cabinet height
- Updated Moen faucet with pullout sprayer
- Corian Sandalwood Countertop
- Stained Barnwood cabinets
- Vinyl plank flooring
Challenges for the Homeowner
- Create a kitchen with universal design elements that tied into the original style of the home
- Transform the cabinet and counter space to create storage solutions for appliances and décor
- Change kitchen faucet with a designer pullout sprayer faucet in stainless steel for practicality
- Replace outdated countertops and cabinets with stylish, but timeless Corian Sandalwood countertops and cabinets in Barnwood stain for rich color.
- Update the flooring for beauty and functionality
How Was the Problem Solved?
Our team began by removing the walls and discovered an unexpected beam. We adjusted the cabinet height to accommodate this discovery. We then began to work on solving the storage issues by installing an island that offered countertop and cabinet storage space. It also accommodated the microwave.
We provided an update to their look with new Corian Sandalwood countertops that are not only aesthetically pleasing with warm taupe running through them but are also durable and easy to maintain. The cabinets were stained in Barnwood offering a rustic look with a smooth surface. We improved the functionality of the sink with a stainless Moen unit with a pullout sprayer. The flooring was replaced with a durable, water-resistant, and attractive vinyl plank.
Our clients went from a kitchen that wasn’t very functional, suffered from overcrowded countertops, and had an out-of-style look to an updated and attractive space that is functional with ample storage. Like we did with this family’s space, Ken Spears Construction can update your current space with a kitchen remodel to improve your home and upgrade your lifestyle.
We welcome you to reach out and schedule your consultation. Your dream home awaits!